Waya provides payment processing services to commerce businesses (referred to as Merchants) who are looking to process electronic payments from their customers mostly through mobile money payments;
Waya is also developing it remittances service to provide individuals and financial service companies the ability to transfer monies across boarders through other fintech companies (referred to as Partners) Waya has mutual agreements of service and partnerships with.
In order to comply with financial regulations, Waya requires all its clients (users of its services) to complete the KYC process in order to access its services. It is a standard verification process which requires users to provide the following:
For Clients (Merchants and Partners of Waya signing up to use our services):
- Name of Business/Company
- Brief Description of Business/Company
- Country & City where Business/Company is headquartered
- Location(s) of operation / service
- Proof of Business/Company incorporation
- Business/Company Anti-Money Laundering Policy
- Business/Company registration document
- Operational / service license or documentation
- Official Business/Company Logo
- Full Name of current CEO
- Full Name(s) of Founder / Co-founder of Business/Company
- Official Business/Company website
- Postal Address of Business/Company
- Residential Address of Business/Company
- Business/Company Official Telephone Number
- Business/Company Official Email Address
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Identity Number/Document
- Postal Address
- Residential Address
- Telephone Number
- Email (Optional)
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
In addition to the standard documents, users may be required to provide proof of funds documents as well as other related financial documentation for any further verification as required by Waya and its partners.
By providing these documents, you help Waya guarantee the security, reliability and sustainability of its services.
Also in places such as Europe our Partner, BitPesa, will carry out KYC on individual customers who sign up to use Waya services for remittances.
WAYA Compliance Team