We are guided by the following principles:
- A commitment to process personal information transparently, ethically, and consistently with our honorable values.
- A transparency about the personal information we collect, use, share and protect.
- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information, and
- Your choices regarding your personal information
- Information that you give us
We receive and store all and any information that you voluntarily enter on our website and or provide through our mobile applications. For example, we collect information from you when you create an account, make a payment or use any of our services. The information we collect from you may include the following:
- Demographic and Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, your telephone number, your email address, your location, your age and date of birth, race, ethnicity, gender, marital status, income level, education and occupation.
- Your Contact List Information: When you use our mobile application, we may request access to your contact list stored on your device. This may include contact names, contacts images, contact phone numbers, email addresses, and other relevant contact details, with app user permission to allow easy access to contacts through the app for transaction purposes and marketing purposes and marketing purposes.
- Government issued information: We may also collect information relating to your national identification card number or passport number.
Additionally, your information will be shared internally and may also be shared externally with our third party compliance processors and product offering partners that undertake automated review of your information to determine and verify whether as a user, you have provided appropriate authentication to engage with the application. The verification may include:
- matching your information against relevant government maintained databases on sanction lists, lists of politically exposed persons and other databases that provide information on potentially illegal activity,
- for comparison by facial recognition of your self image against government provided identification documents,
- for confirming your identity against other relevant databases such as those maintained by companies providing credit reports, and
- for the purpose of monitoring transactions for fraudulent and other illegal activities.
We will always request access or permission to certain features from your mobile or computer devices, including your device’s camera for the purpose of “selfies” used for identification verification, your contacts for the purpose of engaging contacts to join you on the service, your storage for storing your profile picture, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using our service.
Usage Data may include information such as your device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our service or when you access the service by or through a mobile device.
To review your cookie consents on this website, click here.
Information Collected while Using the Application
While using our Application, in order to provide features of our Application, we may collect, with your prior permission:
- Information from your Device's phone book (contacts list) Pictures
- and other information from your Device's camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of our service, as well as to improve and customize our service. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server or it may be simply stored on your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through your device settings.
In order to process your information, we rely on the following legal bases under general data protection law:
- Consent: the user has granted clear consent to us to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for the contract of service that we have with the user.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
We use the information we collect as reasonably necessary for the following purposes:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for services or information on our services;
- Processing payments, money transfers and making settlements as well as tracking and confirming online payments/orders;
- To contact you, attend to or manage your requests to us;
- Marketing and advertising products and services;
- Conducting research and analysis;
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us;
- Communicating things like special events, promotions and surveys, product news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- Facilitating interactions with WayaMoney and others, such as enabling you to email a link to a friend;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business;
- As required by applicable law or legal requirements pertaining to records retention or for internal administrative purposes; or
- As specifically authorized by you in writing.
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties except as follows:
- When we believe disclosure is reasonably required to comply with any law or legal request;
- To enforce our legal and contractual rights, or to protect the rights and safety of other;
- To third parties who help us provide any part of the Site or the Services, to the limited extent required for such help, and on condition that they may not further disclose your data or use it for any other purpose; or
- As part of a sale of our assets or a merger of our company
WayaMoney does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties. WayaMoney will only disclose your information with partner merchants to facilitate delivery of services on our behalf such as:
- Updating customer accounts when a payment is done;
- Scheduling and performing services;
- Fulfilling subscription services;
- In certain cases, we may be required to disclose personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena.
We may also disclose information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Waya, our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may disclose your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may disclose your personalinformation with Service Providers to monitor and analyze theuse of our service, or to contact you
- For business transfers: We may disclose or transferyour personal information in connection with, or duringnegotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets,financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our businessto another company.
- With business partners: We may disclose yourinformation with our business partners to offer you certainproducts, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal informationor otherwise interact in the public areas with other users,such information may be viewed by all users and may bepublicly distributed outside.
WayaMoney uses reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it.
WayaMoney cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. Our website uses encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our websites such as ordering information, including your name, email address and credit card number.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide our services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
You have certain rights regarding the personal data that we hold about you. You may choose to:
- Update and/or correct your personal information as needed,
- Delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You
- Object to the processing of your personal information where we rely on our legitimate ground to do so. Your objection will be balanced against our legitimate ground for processing the data to offer you the service
- Cancel your account and request that we erase the personal information we hold about you,
- Request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
- Restrict the processing of your information, or
- Withdraw your consent to processing and prevent further processing
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
How to contact us
If you have any further questions about this privacy statement or how we process your information, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com